Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Pennsylvania is a state that hates the arts and culture

Because this bill just got passed in the senate.  (the article is from yesterday).  ALL state money that would go to fund the arts - theater, museums, dance, modern art - everything was completely and utterly cut.  I didn't post about it, because of finals, but since I got an e-mail about it while I was taking a study break, I decided I would.
(be forewarned - angry caps outburst)

WHY DON'T PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT THE ARTS CREATE JOBS AND ACTUALLY EMPLOY PEOPLE!!!  STOP WITH THIS PSEUDO PURITAN ATTITUDE THAT NO ONE BELIEVES YOU ACTUALLY ADHERE TO, REPUBLICAN JACKASSES!!!!!

god, I hope the arts money gets re-instated.  if it gets cut, in this recession, the chances of me getting ANY paid work in the arts gets reduced to next to nothing.  The recession is bad enough for jobs.  sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment