Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Practical Guide to Help Spurned Political Wives Survive Old Problems in the Era of New Technology.

Although I know many people who (intensely) dislike Maureen Dowd, I believe that this op-ed of hers is hilarious, timely, and perfectly executed.

6. No matter how revolting your husband’s behavior is, don’t be passive-aggressive in public. Refrain from making any remarks that have a veneer of dignity but derogatory subtexts that sound like: “We’re trying to reconcile but it’s going to be tough because he has irreparably damaged my children” or “He has no integrity and I want my kids to have integrity” and “Sure, I’d like to give him a chance if he weren’t such a sleazeball.”

geniuuuusssss - I want to write a play about this. Or see one. Or act in one. Someone, please write it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment