Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Blogging Janelle Monae

So, I bought both Janelle Monae cds because I was sent her music video twice by friends. TWICE. They were absolutely right that Monae's music is exactly what I like, and I bought. She's fantastic. She's just as much of a performance artist as GaGa, with as much funky gender-bending design, but she's a better singer and has a MUCH more interesting musical environment. I just started listening to her stuff, and oh, she's just spectacular.

I will admit, I've never been one for orchestral music, but I was totally surprised by how much of a visceral reaction I had to the opening of her CD the Archandroid. It's pegged as the overture to "Act II" of her android saga. I had to close my eyes and just drink it up. I'm SO excited for the rest of the CD.

No comments:

Post a Comment